Billing Information

Our Policies Regarding Billing

The Anesthesiologist's Bill

As a member of Madison Anesthesiology Consultants, LLP, in private practice, your anesthesiologist will bill you separately from the surgeon's fees or hospital charges. Most health insurance policies will pay for all or part of the anesthesiology fees. However, insurance policies vary greatly in the coverage provided.
 

Filing Your Claim

As a courtesy, we will file the claim for you. In order to do this we must have your correct insurance information. At the beginning of your hospital visit, we will gather this information from your patient registration record at Unity Point Health - Meriter Hospital. If we have no insurance information for you, we will bill you directly. If you have any questions, or require any assistance, please call our billing office toll free at (877) 222-4217. Our office may contact you to verify or correct our records.
 

Insurance Coverage for the Anesthesiology Fee

Insurance companies and their policies vary greatly in the amount of coverage provided. Although some insurance companies pay our fee in full, there may be a balance that you are responsible for dependent upon your benefit policy.

Participating Insurance Companies
We participate with the following insurance companies:

• Medicare
• Medicaid
• Physicians Plus Insurance Corporation
• Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
• Unity Health Plan
• WPS
• Alliance Cooperative
• Blue Cross of Wisconsin
• Dean Health Plan
• Care of Wisconsin
• SOS
• Health EOS

Please Note: For any further questions regarding insurance coverage please contact our billing office toll free at (877) 222-4217.
 

Medicare Cover of Charges

Medicare will usually pay 80% of all covered services. You will be charged the remaining 20%. If you have secondary coverage and we have your insurance information, you will be responsible for the 20% unpaid by Medicare and any charges for services Medicare does not cover.
 
h3>Determination of the Anesthesiology Fee
Anesthesiology fees are established according to a standard procedure used across the country. Our fees are based on the combination of the type of surgery, and the complexity and length of your specific surgery.
 

Insurance Coverage for Post-Operative Pain Management

Because post-operative pain management is a fairly new element of health care, it is not yet covered by all insurance companies. We do accept insurance in all cases if your policy covers this care. Therefore, cost should not influence your decision about post-operative pain management.
 

Please Help Us File Your Claim

We will make every effort to file your claim and assist you in any way we can. If you receive notification that your payment is past due, please phone our billing office toll free at (877) 222-4217 to verify that we have your accurate information. If you have any questions or problems with your bill, please phone our office.
 
For any questions or assistance, call our billing office toll free at (877) 222-4217.
 
Billing Office Address
Anesthesia Business Consultants
255 W. Michigan Ave.
Jackson, MI 49204-1123
Local: 517-787-6440
Toll Free: 877-222-4217
Fax: 517-787-7203
E-mail on payments or inquiries: amy.mcmichael@anesthesiallc.com
Web site: www.AnesthesiaLLC.com